What is "panic disorder"?
Types of panic disorder
Signs & Symptoms of panic disorder
Numbness and tingling
Shortness of breath
b. Fear of future panic attacks: Individuals with panic disorder may experience a persistent fear of future panic attacks, which can lead to avoidance behavior and decreased quality of life.
c. Avoidance behavior: Individuals with panic disorder may avoid situations or activities that they fear may trigger a panic attack, leading to a decrease in social or occupational functioning.
d. Physical symptoms: Panic disorder can contribute to physical symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, or muscle tension.
e. Negative thoughts or beliefs: Individuals with panic disorder may experience negative thoughts or beliefs about themselves, such as feeling weak or inadequate.
f. Increased anxiety: Panic disorder can contribute to increased levels of anxiety, which can interfere with daily functioning.
Myths & Facts about panic disorder
Causes, Issues and challenges of panic disorder
Treatment of panic disorder
Benefits of Online Counselling for panic disorder
Some benefits of online counseling for panic disorder are:
1. Learning coping skills: Online counselling can help individuals learn coping skills to manage panic attacks when they occur. These skills might include relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation, as well as cognitive strategies, such as challenging negative thoughts.
2. Identifying triggers: An online counsellor can help individuals with panic disorder identify triggers that may lead to panic attacks. By recognizing and avoiding these triggers, individuals can reduce the frequency and severity of panic attacks.
3. Addressing underlying issues: Counseling can help individuals with panic disorder explore underlying issues that may contribute to their anxiety, such as past trauma or relationship problems. Addressing these issues can help individuals better manage their anxiety.
4. Providing support: Panic disorder can be a very isolating condition, and counseling can provide individuals with a supportive and non-judgmental environment in which to discuss their experiences.
5. Improving overall well-being: Counseling can help individuals with panic disorder improve their overall well-being by reducing anxiety, improving mood, and enhancing their ability to function in daily life.
6. Effective: Online counselling has been shown to be an effective treatment for panic disorder. Research has demonstrated that cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), a type of talk therapy, can be particularly effective in reducing the frequency and severity of panic attacks.
7. Non-invasive: Counseling is a non-invasive treatment that does not involve medication or other medical interventions. This can be appealing to individuals who prefer to avoid taking medication or who have concerns about potential side effects.
8. Personalized: Counseling can be personalized to meet the unique needs of each individual. An online counsellor can work with an individual to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to their specific symptoms, triggers, and concerns.
9. Long-lasting: Counseling can provide long-lasting benefits for individuals with panic disorder. By learning coping skills and addressing underlying issues, individuals can develop the tools they need to manage their anxiety in the long term.
10. Safe and supportive: Online counselling provides a safe and supportive environment in which individuals can discuss their experiences and concerns without fear of judgment or criticism.
Best Therapists in India for panic disorder
Suffering from panic attacks, get the needful help at Talkto Angel today!