Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem experienced by anyone during any stage of a normal sexual activity, problems related to arousal, desire or orgasm. These problems may be the result of physical or psychological causes. In our country, it’s a bit daunting, frustrating and even embarrassing to discuss sexual issues like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction, with parents or someone but addressing them sooner than later can help resolve difficulties and improve your love life.
Sexual Dysfunction Therapy Can Help with
- Poor sexual communication
- Lack of sex drive, intimacy or trust
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature, delayed or retrograde ejaculation
- Persistent problems with sexual response, desire, orgasm or pain
- Stress, anxiety or depression leading to sexual problems
- One or both partners feel neglected
- Sexual anorexia
- Traumatic sexual experiences in the past
Types of sexual dysfunction
· Sexual desire disorder: It involve a lack of sexual desire or sexual derive. It may be general or may be towards a specific partner. The person who experiences this is having a low sex hormone.
· Sexual arousal disorder: This was earlier known as impotence in men and frigidity in men. But not it is termed as erectile dysfunction and for female, there are many terms against frigidity. The person may avoid sexual contact. Males find it hard to maintain sexual erection or there is partial erection.
· Orgasm disorder: Individuals with this disorder usually fails to achieve climax or their climax is usually delayed. The disorder may be caused by some physical factors or illness or may be because of some medications. In men it include ejaculation disorder.
· Sexual pain disorder: This disorder is mainly confined to female. It is caused by inadequate lubrication during sex. It may be caused by lack of stimulation or excitement about the sexual activity. The other reasons may be pregnancy, breastfeeding or menopause. The use of contraceptive creams and the anxiety which occurs when they think about sex are some other causes.
Sexual Dysfunction Therapy Can Help with
· Poor sexual communication
· Lack of sex drive, intimacy or trust
· Erectile dysfunction
· Premature, delayed or retrograde ejaculation
· Persistent problems with sexual response, desire, orgasm or pain
· Stress, anxiety or depression leading to sexual problems
· One or both partners feel neglected
· Sexual anorexia
· Traumatic sexual experiences in the past
Role of counselling & Therapy in overcoming sexual dysfunction disorder
Therapists who specialize in sexual dysfunction disorder can help you immensely in recovering your sexual issues. These professionals are skilled in addressing these issues. They can help you in making your sexual and personal life good through emotional exploration, cognitive restructuring, and providing sex therapy. The client can work along with the therapist to set short term and long term goals to deal with sexual dysfunction.
How do you know you need counselling/Therapy?
One can find out if they need counselling or therapy by checking the following points:
-You are facing sexual intimacy issues in your relationship.
-You are avoiding sex with your partner as you are lossing interest in it.
-You’re are finding it hard to maintain a erection or arousal while in act.
-You’re are expereincing premature ejaculation issues.
-You are experiencing delayed ejaculation or orgasm.
-Nothing is satisfying you in sexual act.
-Feeling disconnected from yourself and your loved ones.
How does TalktoAngel Help you in your sexual dysfunction?
TalktoAngel is an online platform that provides quality therapy and other mental health services online. We have qualified and experienced professionals working with us. Sexual dysfunction is one of our areas of expertise. We have experts and specialists who have successfully worked previously on cases of sexual dysfunction disorder. Studies have proven that online mental health services are as effective as the conventional mode. Furthermore, at TalktoAngel, we put your needs first. We can help you with flexible appointments, personalized and customized intervention plans all at the tip of your fingers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I manage issues related to sexual dysfucntion?If you think your sexual dysfunction has disturbed your life, it is best to contact a counselor/therapist who specializes in sexual dysfunction disorder, a sexologist. However, if you think that you can overcome it on your own; you can start by opening a communication with your partner. With this you can also make changes in your lifestyle like limiting alcohol and following regular physical activity in the form of exercise. Learning the new ways to reduce stress will also help.
Is sexual dysfunction a mental illness?Sexual dysfunction isn’t a mental disorder. However, sexual dysfunction as per statsistical psychological disorders mannual is defined as “a clinically significant disturbance in a person's ability to respond sexually or to experience sexual pleasure.”
Why am I suffering from sexual dysfunction?Sexual dysfunction can be caused to due to a number of reasons. Some reasons may include: diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hormonal imbalances, alcoholism, and drug abuse and also there are psychological reasons.
What medication is best for sexual dysfunction?You cannot take medication for sexual dysfunction without the consultation with the specialist. It is unprofessional and ethically wrong for us to disclose any medication in this manner. You can consult with one of our professionals.
If you want to overcome sexual dysfunction and develop a healthier relationship with your partner, talking to a sex therapist might be the best treatment option.
IS YOUR MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE? 20 COMMON PROBLEMS THAT COUPLES FACE
Marriages are tough and people tend to face a lot of problems. Couples work hard to be a p... Read more.
4 reason why you need to chill about your ticking biological clock
Women since the beginning of mankind have been pressurized to give birth within the right... Read more.
Understanding Online Marriage Counselling in India
People avoid getting married because they have their doubt about its ‘lasting’. It’s true... Read more.
Are you suffering from workplace stress? Find out what the signs suggest
It is a known fact that over the years, our work lives have continued to grow as more stre... Read more.
Online Marriage Counselling: Professional Help might Save Your Marriage
Have you ever felt that your married relationship is facing issues, or you could benefit f... Read more.
Understanding Relationships: Key Components to Healthier & Happier Relationships
“Relationships”, when invested in become an asset. Relationships play an important role on... Read more.
How to embrace Shaadi Ka Ladoo with Marriage Counselling Online
The popular movie Shaadi Ka Laddoo had it’s flaws but came up with a good conceptualizatio... Read more.
Pyaar ka Punchnama: Embrace These Ten Punches for a Healthier Relationship
“Problem kya hai? Problems hai miscommunication, mistrust, intimacy issues, different inte... Read more.
After the Wedlock: Managing Work, Marriage, Life with Marriage Counselling
All marriages have their own ups and down. It takes time, efforts for any relation to work... Read more.
100% Secure & Confidential
TalktoAngel offers online counselling & online therapy services through its self-curated HIPPA compliant platform, ensuring 100% confidentiality and privacy between the user and therapist.
Qualified & Certified Therapist
With an aim to provide ‘Best Online Counselling in India’ TalktoAngel provides online counselling and online therapy from the Best Therapists in India, Top Psychologists, Couple Counsellors, Relationship Counselors, Best Psychiatrists.
Scientific Behavioural Assessment
Anywhere, Anytime, Any device
Avoid travel, waiting time – access our certified experts for consultation using your computer, tablet or mobile from any location convenient to you.