Find difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Millions of people around the world are reported to suffer from insomnia and other sleep disorders. sleep disorders disorders are often reportedly caused by anxiety, stress and depression. Popping pills can give immediate solution , the pills can’t address the underlying problem, that is important to notice or treat and may have harmful, long-term side effects. Various studies have shown that psychotherapy is one of the most effective treatment options for those challenged with insomnia.
Signs and Symptoms of Insomnia
- Persistent sleeping difficulty
- Waking up during the night or too early in the morning
- Daytime sleepiness
- Not feeling well-rested after a night’s sleep
- Headache, fatigue or irritability
- Involuntary falling asleep during activities
- Ongoing worries about sleep
- Lack of concentration or slowness in activity
- Increased errors
Types of sleep disorder
· Insomnia: It is a sleep disorder in which the person fine it difficult to fall asleep or difficulty in slaying asleep.
· Hypersomnia: Hypersomnia is a condition in which the person experience excessive sleepiness during the daytime. It may also happen after long stretches of sleep.
· Narcolepsy: It is a chronic sleep disorder in which there is daytime drowsiness and then sudden attacks of sleep.
· Sleep apnea: Sleep apnea is a type of serious sleep disorder in which the breathing stops and starts in between deep sleep. When you snore loudly and feels tired even after a full night’s sleep, you may have sleep apnea.
· Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders: Circadian rhythm sleep disorder is a disorder in which the person find it difficult falling asleep, difficulty waking up during the sleep cycle, difficulty waking up early in the morning and have difficulty falling back to sleep.
· Nightmare disorder: It is also known as dream anxiety disorder. It is a sleep disorder which is characterized by frequent nightmares.
· Restless leg syndrome: It is a condition which causes an uncontrollable urge to move the legs because there is a sensation which is uncontrollable.
How do you know you need counseling/Therapy?
One can find out if the need counseling or therapy by checking the following points:
- You want to bring a change, but you’re unable to do so on your own, you might want to seek counseling.
- You’re experiencing disturbances which is impacting your day-to-day life like work, social engagement etc.
- You’re experiencing disturbances which impact your overall wellbeing.
- Feeling disconnected from yourself and your loved ones.
Role of counselling & Therapy in Sleep disorder
Therapists who specialize in sleep disorder can help you immensely in recovering from them. These professionals are skilled in addressing these issues. They can help you in sleep through emotional exploration, cognitive restructuring, and problem solving techniques. The client can work along with the therapist to set short term and long term goals to deal with sleep disorder.
How does TalktoAngel Help you in overcoming your sleep disorder?
TalktoAngel is an online platform that provides quality therapy and other mental health services online. We have qualified and experienced professionals working with us. Sleep disorder is one of our areas of expertise. We have experts and specialists who have successfully worked previously on cases of sleep disorder. Studies have proven that online mental health services are as effective as the conventional mode. Furthermore, at TalktoAngel, we put your needs first. We can help you with flexible appointments, personalized and customized intervention plans all at the tip of your fingers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I control my sleep disorder?If you think your sleep issues has turned into sleep disorder, it is best to contact a counselor/therapist who specializes in sleep disorders. However, if you think it is sleep disorder that you can overcome on your own, you can start with observing and understanding the pattern of your sleep. This should be followed with sticking to a sleep schedule. You can also improve you sleep patterns by having a track of what you eat and your lifestyle. Limiting the daytime snaps will also be of great help.
Is sleep issues mental illness?Sleep issues are not mental disorders, but sleep disorders and mental illnesses are closely related
Why am I suffering from sleep disorder?Sleep disorder can be caused to due to a number of reasons. Some of them are allergies and respiratory issues, frequent urination, chronic pain due to fibromyalgia or arthritis etc and stress and anxiety.
What medication is best for anger sleep disorder?You cannot take medication for sleep disorder without the consultation of a psychiatrist. It is unprofessional and ethically wrong for us to disclose any medication in this manner. You can consult with one of our professionals. Moreover, medication is only effective in the long term if coupled with effective psychotherapy.
Consulting a mental health expert can help you cope with insomnia or other sleep problems and improve the quality of your life.
BREAK THE STEREOTYPES Let Mental health patients breathe!
Health conditions characterized by dysfunction in cognition, emotions and behaviour due to... Read more.
IS YOUR MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE? 20 COMMON PROBLEMS THAT COUPLES FACE
Marriages are tough and people tend to face a lot of problems. Couples work hard to be a p... Read more.
Can Online Therapy help in dealing with Sleep Issues?
All health professionals emphasize on good quality sleep to maintain wellbeing. Read more.
International Men's Day- Men's Mental Health Matters
Living with the concept of “equality for all”, like International Women’s Day, every year... Read more.
Are you suffering from workplace stress? Find out what the signs suggest
It is a known fact that over the years, our work lives have continued to grow as more stre... Read more.
Online Marriage Counselling: Professional Help might Save Your Marriage
Have you ever felt that your married relationship is facing issues, or you could benefit f... Read more.
Online Counselling will help you defeat your Phobias
Phobias are extreme, intense fears about certain things. A person having a phobia develops... Read more.
Online Child Counselling: How to reach out to a child psychologist
For ages, parents have been ignorant towards mental health needs. This can partially be at... Read more.
Beat the 'Stress Saga' with Online Counselling for Stress Management
Our life goes through a lot of ups and downs, and at times certain situations bring stress... Read more.
Take steps for 'Mental' Self-Care: Take Online Counselling for Mental Health
What does self-care mean? Does self-care indicate selfishness and self-indulgence? Does it... Read more.
Free Online Counselling & Therapy : The good and the bad
ree online counselling and therapy should come with some relief as therapy services have a... Read more.
Looking for Best Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Provider: Your Search stops at TalktoAngel
Employee Assistance Programs provide employees with necessary guidance and resources for t... Read more.
Online Counselling Support: For Indian Students Returning From Ukraine
Mental Health of both military personnel and civilians faces a long-term impact of war. Wa... Read more.
Career Counselling: Reap the Benefits of Career Guidance
Career counselling helps people to find their right career pathway. Professional counsello... Read more.
This Summer Swear By These Five Keys for a Happier and Healthier Life
We often fail to keep up with our health goals. We think of health and wellbeing as respon... Read more.
How to Cultivate Mindful Patriotism in a Democratic Country?
Patriotism is feeling of love, devotion, attachment, service, humility and gratitude towar... Read more.
100% Secure & Confidential
TalktoAngel offers online counselling & online therapy services through its self-curated HIPPA compliant platform, ensuring 100% confidentiality and privacy between the user and therapist.
Qualified & Certified Therapist
With an aim to provide ‘Best Online Counselling in India’ TalktoAngel provides online counselling and online therapy from the Best Therapists in India, Top Psychologists, Couple Counsellors, Relationship Counselors, Best Psychiatrists.
Scientific Behavioural Assessment
Anywhere, Anytime, Any device
Avoid travel, waiting time – access our certified experts for consultation using your computer, tablet or mobile from any location convenient to you.