Inflammation of one, many, or all of the joints is referred to as arthritis. Due to the changing lifestyle in the modern period, this condition is also being noticed in young people. It often affects the elderly and produces pain and stiffness in the knees and joints. More women than men, particularly those who are overweight, report having this issue. It can begin in any joint of the body and gradually spread to other joints as well.
- A restricted range of motion that occasionally improves with movement
- Bony growths in the fingers;
- Clicking or popping sounds when bending;
- Muscle weakness around the joint;
- Instability or buckling of the joint;
- Knee grating or scraping sensation.
- Multiple affected joints,
- Onset in smaller joints like the feet and hands,
- Same affected joints on both sides of the body,
- Low-grade fever,
- Inflammation of the eyes and mouth,
- Inflammation of the blood vessels and heart muscle,
- And low red blood cell counts.
- Aging-related joint wear and damage
- Autoimmune diseases
- Muscular weakness caused by genes
- Family history of arthritis
The doctor might advise surgery if the patient does not benefit from the aforementioned treatment. When arthritis flares up, the pain can sometimes become intolerable. In these situations, medical professionals must rely on cutting-edge care. In such circumstances, knee replacement surgery is the most popular procedure. In this procedure, the injured joint is removed and swapped out for an artificial joint. This synthetic joint functions just like a natural joint.
The bodily discomfort lowers self-esteem and causes anxiety, sadness, and psychological challenges, having regular online counselling sessions help in overcoming psychological issues. Seek online consultation with the best therapist in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lessen the pain by using analgesic
- Increase performance through regular exercise.
- Remain active by doing physical movements.
- Self-management by doing daily activities and engaging to maintain your health and your condition. Use tried-and-tested self-management techniques to lessen arthritis pain so that you may continue with the things you value.
Consult the best geriatric counsellor at TalktoAngel to manage symptoms of arthritis, and have regular consultations with physiotherapists and orthpaedicians.
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
Different forms of amnesia and its treatment
Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD)
Do Opposites Really Attract or Is This a Problem?
Living a Good Life with Schizophrenia
Hypervigilance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Mental Health Consequences of Relationship Churning
Schizoaffective disorder - Symptoms and Treatment
Psychological Challenges Associated with Old Age
How to Build an Emotional Connection?
Therapies for Guilt: Techniques to Overcome Guilt
Practicing Mindful Exercise for Better Health & Graceful Aging
Does Counselling Be Helpful in Relationship?
How to Overcome Trust Issues in Relationships?
8 Signs of a Toxic Relationship: Consult Psychologist
ONLINE COUNSELING FOR ALEXITHYMIA OR DIFFICULTY IN RECOGNIZING FEELING
Raksha Bandhan: The bond of love and support
Dear Father, We Care with Gift of Care
Who is a Relationship Counsellor?
Pyaar ka Punchnama: Embrace These Ten Punches for a Healthier Relationship
What is Couple Counselling: Know the Benefits
Why is a Healthy Sibling Relationship Important for Your Children's development?
Understanding Relationships: Key Components to Healthier & Happier Relationships
Online Counselling for Relationships
4 reason why you need to chill about your ticking biological clock
Handle 'Heart Breaks like a Pro
Let's Talk about Love & Equal Rights
Break The Stereotypes - Let Mental health patients breathe!
Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy (DNMS)
I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
"To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. "
Doménico Cieri Estrada
"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
Louisa May Alcott
“If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.”
"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own."
“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.”
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."