Failure to carry out a caring duty. More than half of all cases of elder abuse that have been documented involve this. Depending on variables like ignorance or denial that an old person needs as much care as they do, it may be purposeful or accidental.
- Starvation, dehydration, and unusual weight loss
- Untreated health issues, such as bed sores.
- Dirt, vermin, unclean clothes and bedding, and unhygienic living circumstances.
- Being unwashed or left dirty.
- Inappropriately weather-appropriate attire or protection.
- Unsafe conditions to live in (no heat or running water; faulty electrical wiring; other fire hazards).
- Senior citizen abandonment in a public setting.
- Higher chances of morbidities
- Premature mortality
- Damage to psychological well-being
- Unexplained anger
- Shutting down
How Online Counselling can be helpful?
Simply put, this refers to refusing to offer necessary services like medication or food, and clean clothing. The most frequent forms of elder neglect include failing to meet basic needs like food and water, maintaining poor hygiene, forgoing necessary medical care, which can result in pain and suffering, allowing bedsores to form as a result of inactivity, and failing to provide appropriate clothing. Elder neglect also causes the emotions like unworthiness, hopelessness, helplessness, etc. Geriatric counselling helps the elderly manage their emotions, find new sources of enjoyment and meaning, and find new support systems
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."
"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
Louisa May Alcott
"To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. "
Doménico Cieri Estrada
“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.”
I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
"Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time."
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."