Independent living is a different type of care that can offer seniors social chances when they don't necessarily need medical attention. Security, facilities, social gatherings, and other things can be included in these apartment-style residences.
- Independent seniors experience a greater sense of purpose.
- They have chances to succeed, can make a difference in the lives of their loved ones, friends, and neighbors, and can continue to engage in hobbies they have always enjoyed.
- Even if they appear minor, the opportunity to set and achieve goals has a significant influence.
- Lack of proper medical care and facilities
- Lack of financial assistance
- There may be a lack of social or familial support
- There may be an issue with the security
Tips for the care provider
- Care at home - decide on your services and their frequency
- Make the necessary changes to the home's environment to increase safety.
- Learn about and engage with technology
- Keep a balanced diet.
- Maintain a regular exercise schedule
- Be social and active.
- Spend money on basic medical safety supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own."
“The cheerful mind perseveres, and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.”
"I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen."
I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen
"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."
“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.”
“Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.”
“If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.”