Independent living is a different type of care that can offer seniors social chances when they don't necessarily need medical attention. Security, facilities, social gatherings, and other things can be included in these apartment-style residences.
- Independent seniors experience a greater sense of purpose.
- They have chances to succeed, can make a difference in the lives of their loved ones, friends, and neighbors, and can continue to engage in hobbies they have always enjoyed.
- Even if they appear minor, the opportunity to set and achieve goals has a significant influence.
- Lack of proper medical care and facilities
- Lack of financial assistance
- There may be a lack of social or familial support
- There may be an issue with the security
Tips for the care provider
- Care at home - decide on your services and their frequency
- Make the necessary changes to the home's environment to increase safety.
- Learn about and engage with technology
- Keep a balanced diet.
- Maintain a regular exercise schedule
- Be social and active.
- Spend money on basic medical safety supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
Different forms of amnesia and its treatment
Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD)
Do Opposites Really Attract or Is This a Problem?
Living a Good Life with Schizophrenia
Hypervigilance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Mental Health Consequences of Relationship Churning
Schizoaffective disorder - Symptoms and Treatment
Psychological Challenges Associated with Old Age
How to Build an Emotional Connection?
Therapies for Guilt: Techniques to Overcome Guilt
Practicing Mindful Exercise for Better Health & Graceful Aging
Does Counselling Be Helpful in Relationship?
How to Overcome Trust Issues in Relationships?
8 Signs of a Toxic Relationship: Consult Psychologist
ONLINE COUNSELING FOR ALEXITHYMIA OR DIFFICULTY IN RECOGNIZING FEELING
Raksha Bandhan: The bond of love and support
Dear Father, We Care with Gift of Care
Who is a Relationship Counsellor?
Pyaar ka Punchnama: Embrace These Ten Punches for a Healthier Relationship
What is Couple Counselling: Know the Benefits
Why is a Healthy Sibling Relationship Important for Your Children's development?
Understanding Relationships: Key Components to Healthier & Happier Relationships
Online Counselling for Relationships
4 reason why you need to chill about your ticking biological clock
Handle 'Heart Breaks like a Pro
Let's Talk about Love & Equal Rights
Break The Stereotypes - Let Mental health patients breathe!
Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy (DNMS)
“If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.”
"I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen."
“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.”
"Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time."
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.”
"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
Louisa May Alcott
“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.”
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”