- Difficulty connecting with others on a personal level,
- Fleeting and unfulfilling interactions with acquaintances,
- A constant feeling of isolation,
- A sense of alienation in social and professional settings.
- Being single
- Limited resources
- Reduced mobility
- No nearby family
- Not having been married
- Transportation difficulties
- Widowed, divorced, or separated
- Inability to maintain mental and physical activity
- Accessibility issues and inequalities brought on by living in a remote area or belonging to a marginalized group
- Poor physical and mental health, including untreated hearing loss, ageing, and frailty
- Social hindrances including ageism and a lack of participation possibilities for older individuals
Speaking with an online therapist can help individuals improve their mental and physical health and overcome feelings of loneliness, especially if they are uncertain about the root cause of their loneliness.
An online counsellor can assist in exploring the circumstances in their lives that may be contributing to these emotions. In loneliness counseling, the goal is to help individuals identify the values they seek in relationships, leading to meaningful and resonant connections. Additionally, seniors struggling with loneliness can seek online consultation from a geriatric counsellor who is well-equipped to understand elder care and the issues associated with loneliness.
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
“If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.”
“Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.”
“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.”
"Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time."
"To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. "
Doménico Cieri Estrada
"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."
“The cheerful mind perseveres, and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.”
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”