Parkinson's disease is a condition where a part of the brain gradually deteriorates, leading to ever-worse symptoms. The senses, ability to think, mental health, and other aspects may be negatively impacted by this condition. It is most well known for its impairment of muscular balance, movement, and coordination.
- Tremor, characterized by a tremor in the hands that roll pills when at rest;
- Slow, sporadic movement (called bradykinesia and hypokinesia)
- Limb stiffness (rigidity)
- Difficulties with balance
- Gait (postural instability)
- Orthostatic hypotension,
- Sleep disorders,
- Loss of smell,
- Cognitive impairments
- Some brain neurons experience gradual degeneration or death as a result of Parkinson's disease.
- Movement impairment and other Parkinson's disease symptoms worsen as a result of abnormal brain activity caused by dopamine deficiency.
- Parkinson's disease has no known cause, but there are a number of contributing factors, including Genes.
- Scientists have pinpointed the precise genetic changes that can result in Parkinson's disease.
- Although some gene mutations appear to increase the likelihood of Parkinson's disease, each of these genetic markers has a relatively low risk of the disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
Different forms of amnesia and its treatment
Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD)
Do Opposites Really Attract or Is This a Problem?
Living a Good Life with Schizophrenia
Hypervigilance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Mental Health Consequences of Relationship Churning
Schizoaffective disorder - Symptoms and Treatment
Psychological Challenges Associated with Old Age
How to Build an Emotional Connection?
Therapies for Guilt: Techniques to Overcome Guilt
Practicing Mindful Exercise for Better Health & Graceful Aging
Does Counselling Be Helpful in Relationship?
How to Overcome Trust Issues in Relationships?
8 Signs of a Toxic Relationship: Consult Psychologist
ONLINE COUNSELING FOR ALEXITHYMIA OR DIFFICULTY IN RECOGNIZING FEELING
Raksha Bandhan: The bond of love and support
Dear Father, We Care with Gift of Care
Who is a Relationship Counsellor?
Pyaar ka Punchnama: Embrace These Ten Punches for a Healthier Relationship
What is Couple Counselling: Know the Benefits
Why is a Healthy Sibling Relationship Important for Your Children's development?
Understanding Relationships: Key Components to Healthier & Happier Relationships
Online Counselling for Relationships
4 reason why you need to chill about your ticking biological clock
Handle 'Heart Breaks like a Pro
Let's Talk about Love & Equal Rights
Break The Stereotypes - Let Mental health patients breathe!
Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy (DNMS)
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.”
The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.
"I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen."
"To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. "
Doménico Cieri Estrada
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."