Residential care facilities are crucial for various reasons.
- It offers senior citizens a chance to socialize and develop a sense of community living.
- These facilities provide a range of services including cognitive and recreational activities that can aid elders in maintaining their independence and good health.
- It also provides a safe, secure setting for elderly people who run the risk of falling or getting sick.
- These facilities also assist with daily living (ADLs), giving families peace of mind, especially those who are separated or lack the time or finances to care for their loved ones personally.
Seniors who want or need more assistance than they can obtain at an old age home but don't need the amount of monitoring that comes with living in a nursing home should strongly consider residential care homes.
- Residential Care can be difficult for some families to access due to their cost
- Elderly people may find it difficult to adjust to the environment of residential care and may not be comfortable getting involved in certain activities
- Due to restricted visiting hours, people travelling from distant places may find it difficult to meet their relatives at the residential care due to the time-bound restrictions.
Tips for the care provider
- Keeping elderly residents engaged in activities
- Find a way to offer quick and simple meals.
- Monitor their health carefully.
- Make the house accessible and safe for the elders.
- Ensure regular exercise routine as it is required for them to stay healthy
- Set up online consultation with online therapy providers.
Seek online geriatric counselling by the best online geriatric counsellors of India trained in Elder Care
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
Different forms of amnesia and its treatment
Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD)
Do Opposites Really Attract or Is This a Problem?
Living a Good Life with Schizophrenia
Hypervigilance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Mental Health Consequences of Relationship Churning
Schizoaffective disorder - Symptoms and Treatment
Psychological Challenges Associated with Old Age
How to Build an Emotional Connection?
Therapies for Guilt: Techniques to Overcome Guilt
Practicing Mindful Exercise for Better Health & Graceful Aging
Does Counselling Be Helpful in Relationship?
How to Overcome Trust Issues in Relationships?
8 Signs of a Toxic Relationship: Consult Psychologist
ONLINE COUNSELING FOR ALEXITHYMIA OR DIFFICULTY IN RECOGNIZING FEELING
Raksha Bandhan: The bond of love and support
Dear Father, We Care with Gift of Care
Who is a Relationship Counsellor?
Pyaar ka Punchnama: Embrace These Ten Punches for a Healthier Relationship
What is Couple Counselling: Know the Benefits
Why is a Healthy Sibling Relationship Important for Your Children's development?
Understanding Relationships: Key Components to Healthier & Happier Relationships
Online Counselling for Relationships
4 reason why you need to chill about your ticking biological clock
Handle 'Heart Breaks like a Pro
Let's Talk about Love & Equal Rights
Break The Stereotypes - Let Mental health patients breathe!
Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy (DNMS)
“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.”
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.”
"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own."
"I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen."
"Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time."