SELF-CARE FOR PROFESSIONALS
January 07 2023 Mr. Utkarsh Yadav 315 Views
Working professionals often ignore their own health, and mental and emotional well-being, and are preoccupied with their responsibilities both at work and at home. Struggling with regular work-life conflicts they often choose to brush off their fatigue, stress, and frustration under the rug and look for weekends to vent out and recharge themselves.
If we look at the concept of self-care, it is very similar to the safety procedures on an aircraft:
If the air pressure drops, fit your own oxygen mask first, before attending to children or dependents.
The lifestyle of every professional may be different but taking care of oneself each day can ease many difficulties that arise with an enormous investment of emotion, time, and energy at work and in personal life. To be successful and committed to your short-term and long-term objectives, professionals should be level-headed, mentally active, and physically efficient.
The problem is that most working professionals find it hard to make time to take care of their physical and mental well-being. So, who can help you with this? No one else but YOU..!!
Here are some self-care tips that you could take benefit from:
Self-care tips for professionals while at home:
- Make sure you are getting enough and adequate sleep of 6-8 hours.
- Start with any physical exercise, Yoga, mindfulness or guided meditation techniques.
- Spend time with your loved ones who help you in relaxing and make your mood joyful.
- Set a time to process your inner thought by reflection, and pondering.
- Spend time with pets or take care of animals.
- Separate personal life and professional life, and do not bring work at home.
- Allocate a time for your self-care (does not include scrolling through your phone..!!).
- Spend your hard-earned money on something that boosts your happiness rather than on material possessions.
Self-care tips for professionals while at work:
- Create a time schedule and structure your work day.
- Make a list of three things each day that you want to accomplish.
- Honor your time, energy, and contribution.
- Reflect on your positives and find ways to reduce your weaknesses.
- Strengthen your support networks
- Take the necessary breaks and avoid sitting at one place for too long.
- Surround yourself with colleagues who inspire you and support you.
- Make your workspace reflect your best self.
- Foster a positive attitude creates hope for a better future
- Practice act of kindness and forgiveness.
- Take a Victory lap. Enjoy victory after success with your team to look back at the previous month or quarter, and name or write down what went well or what felt particularly satisfying.
- Talk with a Therapist, Coach, or Mentor regularly.
These quick tips will help you promote your self-care, and add physical and mental wellness in your life. For more mind rejuvenation techniques and resolving conflict in your personal and professional life seek help from trained professionals/life coaches/psychologists and therapists. Online counsellor, psychologists, and therapists can also help you to focus on your self-improvement strategies, resolve personal and professional conflict and promote your own mental well-being. Connect and talk with the best psychologists in India at your own comfort and ease on an online counselling platform for mental health. The team of the best counselors and top psychologists in India at TalktoAngel, can guide you in directing toward self-care practices and help you take care of your mental health by yourself.
Companies have also started implementing wellness initiatives to promote improved mental health awareness. To prioritize employees' well-being, several organizations are providing wellness services, yoga courses, or mindfulness exercise camps, like TalktoAngel. You can discuss with your organization about Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) or corporate wellness programs that are directed towards promoting physical and mental well-being of employees. You can also seek EAP and corporate wellness program support provided by TalktoAngel and start a positive mental health journey in your organisation.