SELF CARE TIPS FOR TEENAGERS AND YOUNG ADULTS
July 08 2022 Mr. Utkarsh Yadav 100 Views
With the onset of puberty, teenagers often experience and feel physical and mental challenges. As they go through significant changes in their life,they become anxious and over stressed about their choices in career, personal, and social life. Teenagers and young adults are more stressed, anxious, aggressive, and lonely than ever before. Nobody truly realizes the main reason; however, it is by all accounts a powerful coincidence of a few variables. While numerous psychologists have highlighted advanced and online entertainment as the reason, however, researches simply donot uphold this as the sole or even most significant reason. GenZ and New-age Millennials incorporate stresses over their future, monetary and work vulnerability; worries about theirself-image; stress over theiracademicsto meet perfectionism; and being over-worked with requests to "do everything" –from school/college, community service, sports, toreligious and family events, and so forth. Others are either attracted by convincingweb-based series and often go fora marathon watch, or get exhausted by playing computer/video games - frequently alone.
As adolescent’s physical and mental health is an area of concern, it is important for them to know about self-care techniques and its importance. By taking care of yourself, and giving time to do things that improves your mental, physical, and emotional health is the best thing one can do as Self-Care.
Self-care consists of efforts that you can do to maintain your mental health. It involves taking active steps to be considerate of yourthinking, emotions, feelings, and figuring out what you need for taking care of yourself.Self-care for teenagers include daily activities and practices that can help them to balance their mind and body and feel happy about themselves.
Teenagerscan take care of oneself by following self-care tips given below:
- Maintain emotional hygiene by removing negatives thoughts and attracting positive ones.
- Make any outdoor activity must for oneself, it helps in nourishing physical and social health.
- Nourish your body with healthier, less calorie diet, and reducing junk food.
- Take time out for yourself and get enrolled into courses/workshops which enhances your personal, social, and professional skills to build your confidence, self-esteem and personality.
- Check-in through your thoughts, emotions and feeling through a Thought log or personal journaling.
- Talk about your feeling to someone who you think won’t judge you.
- Channelize your emotions through any art form. Express your thoughts and feelings in form of writing, painting, poetry, photography, dance, music, or clay modelling.
- Take initiative to do something for someone. Involve yourself in social work; like doing charity work at a religious place. The process of giving is more joyous than receiving gifts.
- Make regular interaction with your loved ones and communicate with them (Friends and Family).
- Take time off from your smartphone.
- Play with pet: If you have one, you will feel good by cuddling with a pet, taking care of them, and feeling their unconditional love. It is something one rarely experience on such a consistent basis.
- Appreciate nature:Spending time in natural landscapes such as rivers, mountains, deserts, beaches, national parks, and wildlifesanctuaries can be refreshingto your mind and body.
Teenagers and young adults are always filledwith lot of energy and have so much in mind to do things infuture. These things can make you feel restless, anxious, and exhausted. However, by following the above-mentioned self-care tips you can come out of such frustrations easily. This could mean taking a respite when you are experiencing overburdened by your lifeand finding time for an activity you know would make you feel good.
In case, you are overwhelmed by your emotions and behaviour or have faced any challenges that made you feel bullied, insulted (emotionally or physically), or have been sexually harmed, do talk to an expert mental health professional. You can easily connect with the top psychologists in India and best counsellors to resolve your worries and confront any unwanted incident. TalktoAngel brings to you the best online counselling platform. It easier to register and select your best fit from the pool of the best therapists in India, psychologist and consult with them about your mental health issues. With a single click, you can connect with the top psychologists in India, counsellors, psychologists, and psychiatrists at TalktoAngel, who can guide you in learning self-care practices and help you take care of your mental health by yourself.