SELF CARE TIPS FOR TEENAGERS AND YOUNG ADULTS
January 07 2023 Mr. Utkarsh Yadav 318 Views
With the onset of puberty, teenagers often experience and feel physical and mental challenges. As they go through significant changes in their life, they become anxious and over-stressed about their choices in career, personal, and social life. Teenagers and young adults are more stressed, anxious, aggressive, and lonely than ever before. Nobody truly realizes the main reason; however, it is by all accounts a powerful coincidence of a few variables. While numerous psychologists have highlighted advanced and online entertainment as the reason, however, researchers simply do not uphold this as the sole or even most significant reason. GenZ and New-age Millennials incorporate stresses over their future, monetary and work vulnerability; worries about their self-image; stress over their academics to meet perfectionism; and being over-worked with requests to "do everything" –from school/college, community service, sports, religious and family events, and so forth. Others are either attracted by convincing web-based series and often go for a marathon watch, or get exhausted by playing computer/video games - frequently alone.
As adolescents’ physical and mental health is an area of concern, it is important for them to know about self-care techniques and their importance. Taking care of yourself, and giving time to do things that improve your mental, physical, and emotional health is the best thing one can do as Self-Care.
Self-care consists of efforts that you can do to maintain your mental health. It involves taking active steps to be considerate of your thinking, emotions, and feelings, and figuring out what you need for taking care of yourself. Self-care for teenagers includes daily activities and practices that can help them to balance their minds and body and feel happy about themselves.
Teenagers can take care of themselves by following the self-care tips given below:
- Maintain emotional hygiene by removing negative thoughts and attracting positive ones.
- Make any outdoor activity a must for oneself, it helps in nourishing physical and social health.
- Nourish your body with a healthier, less calorie diet, and reduce junk food.
- Take time out for yourself and get enrolled in courses/workshops which enhance your personal, social, and professional skills to build your confidence, self-esteem, and personality.
- Check-in through your thoughts, emotions, and feeling through a Thought log or personal journaling.
- Talk about your feeling to someone who you think won’t judge you.
- Channelize your emotions through any art form. Express your thoughts and feelings in form of writing, painting, poetry, photography, dance, music, or clay modeling.
- Take initiative to do something for someone. Involve yourself in social work; like doing charity work at a religious place. The process of giving is more joyous than receiving gifts.
- Make regular interactions with your loved ones and communicate with them (Friends and Family).
- Take time off from your smartphone.
- Play with a pet: If you have one, you will feel good by cuddling with a pet, taking care of them, and feeling their unconditional love. It is something one rarely experiences on such a consistent basis.
- Appreciate nature: Spending time in natural landscapes such as rivers, mountains, deserts, beaches, national parks, and wildlife sanctuaries can be refreshing to your mind and body.
Teenagers and young adults are always filled with a lot of energy and have so much in mind to do things in the future. These things can make you feel restless, anxious, and exhausted. However, by following the above-mentioned self-care tips you can come out of such frustrations easily. This could mean taking a respite when you are experiencing being overburdened by your life and finding time for an activity you know would make you feel good.
In case, you are overwhelmed by your emotions and behavior or have faced any challenges that made you feel bullied, insulted (emotionally or physically), or have been sexually harmed, do talk to an expert mental health professional. You can easily connect with the top psychologists in India and the best online counsellors to resolve your worries and confront any unwanted incident. TalktoAngel brings to you the best online counselling platform. It is easier to register and select your best fit from the pool of the best therapists in India, psychologists and consult with them about your mental health issues. With a single click, you can connect with the top psychologists in India, counsellors, psychologists, and psychiatrists at TalktoAngel, who can guide you in learning self-care practices and help you take care of your mental health by yourself.