What is Childhood Trauma?
- Unexpected Accidents / Incidents ;
- Bullying ;
- Dysfunctional home ;
- Passing of a loved person ;
- Neglect or emotional abuse ;
- Physical mistreatment or neglect ;
- Separation from a caregiver or parent ;
- Violence (at home, at school, or in the surrounding neighbourhood) (at home, at school, or in the surrounding community) ;
- Experience of War or Terrorism.
Signs & Symptoms
Loss of Interest
Self - Care Tips
Set a Routine and Manage your time.
Find a hobby
Allowing feelings space and time.
Having empathy for ourselves.
Allowing oneself to put forward our needs.
Get a good quality sleep
Adopt Relaxation technique like breathing and yoga
Best Therapists In India
Frequently Asked Questions
When you were traumatized as a youngster, it remains with you forever. You can even say it becomes ingrained in your bones. Even if you push the memories aside and aren't aware of them, they nevertheless have an impact on your physical symptoms, your love life, and your low self-esteem. Many traumatized kids feel that they've always been on their own and try to solve their own problems as best they can. The child issue is that you can only accomplish so much on your own. Because of this, the most severe impacts of childhood trauma frequently remain "unresolved." However, Online counselling can be a cost-effective way to recognize childhood problems, gain insight, and achieve confidence and self-improvement in order to function effectively and have a positive outlook on life.
- Accept the trauma for what it is and acknowledge it. Childhood trauma victims sometimes minimize or disregard the experience for years by acting as though it never happened or by giving in to emotions of shame or self-blame.
- Regain control. Helplessness can persist long into adulthood, making you feel and act like a victim forever and leading you to make decisions based on your previous suffering. When you are a victim, your present is governed by your past. But once you have overcome your suffering, you have authority over the here and now.
- Learn the true meaning of acceptance and letting go. Take help from a top-rated online counsellor at India’s no 1 Emotional and Wellbeing Platform.
There are various steps you may take to help yourself if you faced trauma as a child. Some of them are:
- Spending time with the people who have been supportive of you;
- Maintaining a regular diet and sleeping routine;
- Engaging in physical activity, and exercise;
- Avoid drugs, smoking, and alcohol
You can begin to address your trauma by speaking with your online counsellor.