What is Emotional Regulation?
- Childhood trauma or poor childhood experience ;
- Emotional Neglect / Abuse ;
- Physical Neglect / Abuse ;
- Sexual Abuse ;
- Caregiver's maltreatment ;
- Parents mental illness ;
- Grief and loss ;
- Exposure to domestic violence ;
- Childhood bullying.
Signs & Symptoms
Self - Care Tips
Get some good sleep
Select a creative outlet for expressing your thoughts and feelings.
Play with a pet
Meet and communicate with friends
Take a break from overloaded routine
Do something for someone else
Talk to your therapist
Best Therapists In India
Frequently Asked Questions
Having a reliable friend, joining a support group, or going to online therapy can all assist with emotional control. You can determine what emotions may need to be regulated by being aware of and comprehending emotional regulation. Every emotion does not necessarily need to be controlled; doing so would be difficult and time-consuming. Seek professional help from top psychologists in India, to regulate and manage your emotions.
Parents can teach their children techniques for regulating emotions by the following ways:
- Practicing compassion, for both themselves and their child.
- Consider what needs of a teen are unmet and hidden in their emotions.
- Help your teen feel heard and understood by addressing their needs.
- Make the conversation comfortable, begin by listing things that you find admirable in them.
- Describe to your child the occasions in which you have changed your unfavorable attitude and looked at things differently.
For expert assistance consult the best psychologist in India at TalktoAngel.