What is LGBTQ?
Signs & Symptoms
Sexual Experimental LGBTQ
Self - Care Tips
Educate yourself and the community
Communicate to your close ones who you trust will understand
Express how you feel
Keep yourself focused on your goals
Take small steps at a time
Accept yourself for who you are
Stand up for yourself and your community
Best Therapists In India
Frequently Asked Questions
The lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) population suffers difficulties and mental health concerns, much like any other group. However, those who identify as LGBTQ are approximately three times more likely than the general population to suffer from a mental health disorder like depression or anxiety. Additionally, melancholy or anxiety affect more than half of those who identify as transgender. The risk of suicide is considerably higher among the LGBTQ population. Young people are particularly vulnerable because they may lack parental support and face intimidation, hostility, or prejudice at school. You do not have to suffer in silence if you are a member of the LGBTQ community and are having mental health issues.
Individual LGBTQ counselling can assist with:
- Investigating your sexual preference.
- Considering telling friends and family you are gay.
- investigating your gender identity or expression.
- managing or recognizing depression, anxiety, or gender dysphoria.
- reducing difficulties including addiction, parental troubles, sexual dysfunction, addiction, and marital problems.