What is Teenage Stress?
- Pressure from school ;
- Friend groups and dating ;
- Pressure to behave and wear something very particular items ;
- Pressure to participate in drug, alcohol, or sex experimentation ;
- Being under pressure to have a certain body type or size ;
- Adjusting to the mental and physical changes brought on by puberty ;
- Family issues ;
- Bullying ;
- Physical, Emotional, and/or Sexual Abuse ;
- Packed schedules, combining family responsibilities, social life, sports, after
- school activities, and classes.
Signs & Symptoms
Self - Care Tips
Talk about problems with others.
Take deep breaths, accompanied by thinking or saying aloud, “I can handle this.”
Set small goals and break tasks into smaller, manageable chunks.
Exercise and eat regular meals
Get proper sleep.
Focus on what you can control
Lower unrealistic expectations.
Give up on the idea of perfection, both in yourself and in others
Best Therapists In India
Frequently Asked Questions
Although expenses, a career, or maintaining a household are not concerns for teenagers, they still encounter many types of stress. They deal with difficult issues such as bullying, peer pressure, and academic challenges. Teenagers who are under a lot of stress run the risk of developing mental health disorders, scholastic difficulties, and physical problems. Therefore, it is critical to watch out for indicators that your teen is feeling stressed out. Then, rather than waiting, you may step in and help.