The unintentional or intentional application of force to an aged person that results in discomfort, harm, or incapacity. Inappropriate use of medicines, restrictions, or imprisonment are also examples of physical abuse in addition to physical attacks such as hitting or shoving.
- Unaccounted-for evidence of trauma, such as welts, bruises, or scars, particularly if they are symmetrical on both sides of the body.
- Sprains, dislocations, or broken bones.
- A drug overdose complaint or evidence of apparent irregular medication use (a prescription has more remaining than it should).
- Broken frames or glasses.
- Indications of restraint, such as rope stains on the wrists.
- The unwillingness of the caregiver to let you visit the senior alone.
- Substantial Weight loss
- Vulnerability to illness
- Loss of dignity
- Worsening overall health
How Online Counselling can be helpful?
Online counselling is beneficial for all difficulties and issues that significantly affect one's social, professional, or personal life or cause great distress. Stress, anxieties, sleep problems, traumas, marital troubles, challenges with emotion management, low motivation, challenges with focusing/concentrating on work, uncertainty about the future, and many more issues are some of the typical reasons people seek online therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions
All Geriatric Therapy
- Other health issues
- Chronic Diseases
- Mental Health Issues
- Elder Care Type
- Difficulty in Aging
- Grief and Loss
- Elderly Abuse and Neglect
“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.”
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.”
"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
Louisa May Alcott
“Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
"Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time."
"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own."
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
I’ve come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another… if we care, we can listen